A little bit fine motor, a little bit color-matching, a lot of colorful fun!
Did you know that November 17 of each year is World Prematurity Day, helping to raise awareness of preemies who are born too soon? This year Helen of Craft Ideas for Kids is hosting a blog hop to spread awareness - and it's all about rainbows and stars!
We decided to add a little fine motor practice in with our rainbow activity because...well, that's what we do here. We used the cardboard box from our most recent Green Kid Crafts shipment and some colorful pipe cleaners.
Then we got out a variety of beads from our friends at CraftProjectIdeas.com. I used scissors to poke holes in the box while Kay matched the color of the beads to the color of the pipe cleaners.
When she was done, she appraised it approvingly. "That's creative!" she smiled.
I wrote about my own experiences with prematurity a little earlier this month. Check out the other bloggers sharing their colorful ideas:
- Rainbow color mixing | Craft Ideas for Kids
- Rainbow words | True Aim Education
- Rainbow bath painting | Adventures of Adam
- World Prematurity Day | Crystal's Tiny Treasures
- Rainbows and stars mobile | Wise Owl Factory
- Rainbow activities for kids | True Aim Education