Helping out my favorite causes is something that always makes me feel good. But I don't have time to volunteer regularly or send them a nice big check, well, ever! (I wish!)
Good thing there's so many easy ways for a homebody like me to help a beloved cause right from home. (Some of these even let you earn money for things you already do - can't beat that!)
- Make money by searching the web! Hey, you're going to do it anyway - might as well help a good cause while you do! GoodSearch donates about a penny to your chosen charity for each search you perform. It doesn't sound like much, but it adds up quick!
- Donate. Old towels and blankets are appreciated by many animal shelters. Gently used baby supplies will be welcomed at your local women's shelter. When you upgrade your cell phone, give the used one to a place like Cell Phones for Soldiers. And places like the Goodwill, Saver's, or a local church's thrift store will gladly accept many donations!
- Have a knack for selling things online? Then check out eBay for Charity! You select where you want the money to go and what percentage you want to donate. Get rid of clutter AND help a good cause - WIN!
- You don't need to be a social media star to help get the word out about your favorite charity. Follow them, share info, tell your friends why this organization is important to you. Spread the love!
- Just click! Some organizations have easy "click-to-donate" programs. Just as it sounds, you simply click each day and sponsors generate a donation for that charity. My favorite isCare2, which has pages for animal rescue, global warming, sponsor a child, and more! It's quick, easy and FREE!
- Shop online? Then you could be helping your favorite charity at the same time!