With Kay heading of to school, it's more important than ever for her things to be properly labeled. Let's face it - will she really be the only one with a Frozen lunch box? Not likely. I've always been fond of labels with her name on them when she was a little younger anyway, because it got her used to seeing her name and how it is spelled.
Note: I don't like name labels on the outside of things, where strangers will easily see them, ie., on the back of a jacket for instance. I don't want anyone being able to call her over who shouldn't be talking to her in the first place. Keep that in mind. You may not be as neurotic as me (good for you!) but it's something to think about.
- Lunchbox or lunch money bag
- Backpack (inside)
- Jacket - I like to add them to the tag inside.
- Pencil box
- Pencils / pens / markers / crayon box
- Snack bags
- Sports gear - we put them inside her ballet shoes and soccer equipment! (Definitely a plus here because everyone has the same gear - it's impossible to tell what's what without some kind of label.)
- Shoes - if kids take them off for gym, this will make sure you get back the same ones you send in!
We got to try out Kidecals labels, which rock! They're actually safe for the washing machine and dryer, and I love that they stay put. I was a little worried when Kay put one of them on her shirt like a regular sticker, thinking, "Uh-oh, now it's not going to come off." Nope, it did, and left no sticker residue behind. I wish ALL stickers were made like this!
What would you add to this list?
Disclosure: We received complimentary name labels in exchange for our honest opinion. All opinions and ideas are my own.