We had so much fun with our random acts of kindness challenge over the summer, so when Sharon from Rediscovered Families suggested a fall edition, I was all for it!
My ideas came out more generic - they work for any season. Sharon come up with some great ones that are just perfect for autumn. We've even come up with a free printable to remind you of simple ways to make someone's day a little brighter - including your own!
- Dry the slides at the park after it rains
- Your winter jacket doesn't fit anymore? Donate it!
- Smile at everyone you see for one whole day
Leave a happy note in a library book
- Make someone laugh with a funny joke
- Call a family member you haven't seen in a while.
- Send "happy mail" to a friend (did you know you can mail a ball - how cool would that be?!)
- Read a story to someone (younger siblings are a great audience - and so are pets!)
- Squirrels are preparing for winter - leave out some peanuts to help them get ready.
- Bring a drawing or flowers for a neighbor who isn't feeling well.
- Hold the door open for people at a store.
- When you see a baby drop a toy, pick it up and hand it back to them.
- Make a list of things you love about someone and leave it for them to find.
- Write a thank you note for your teacher.
Make hug coupons - give them out to everyone you love!
- Use the front and back of paper before you put it in the recycling bin.
Send a postcard - just because!
- Give a compliment.
- Leave out a jar to collect coins and bring them to your favorite organization.
Leave love messages on the mirror.
Don't forget to swing over to Rediscovered Families for more fall-themed ideas!
And what about that handy-dandy printable I mentioned? Get yours here!
What's your favorite way to show kindness?